The effort to save Mole Hill was a community endeavor. The “Friends of Mole Hill” combined the voices of 35 different AIDS, heritage, housing, city and provincial organizations. Hundreds of West End residents signed petitions and wrote letters in support of Mole Hill’s preservation. Ten thousand (10,000) people worked in facilitating the project.
The preservation of Mole Hill was done in partnership between the Mole Hill Community Housing Society, the City of Vancouver and BC Housing.
Saving the houses of Mole Hill was a group effort. These groups and people have MHCHS’ sincere thanks for working to complete the Mole Hill project:
- The Community Development Unit of the Provincial Ministry of Community Development,
- The Samuel and Saidye Bronfman Foundation,
- The Vancouver Foundation,
- The Co-operators Community Economic Development, and
- The VanCity Community Fund
- Cooperatives and Volunteers